Niobium Steel Welded pipe and Tube
It is a rare, soft, malleable, ductile and grey white metal. Its physical and chemical properties is same as tantalum. It tends to react with oxygen, carbon, halogens, nitrogen and sulphur so it must be placed in a protective atmosphere when processed at even moderate temperature. The metal is even to aqua region at room temperatures, but there is more hot, concentrated acids and especially by alkalis and oxidizing agents.
Types of Niobium Parts
- Niobium bars – It is manufactured to a high standard of purity. These bars have different sizes. It is popular in special metals investment product because of high market value, so the demand for this material is there in many high technology applications.
- Niobium wires – It can be manufactured to various different specifications. It is used in other fine manufacturing industries. It offers an attractive, modern alternative to traditional precious metals.
- Niobium sheets – It is used in engineering such as cutting and stamping parts for required manufacture of machines. It is ideal for making medical machines like equipment’s used in scientific research.
- Niobium plates – It comes in variety of dimensions and also have smooth surface finish which makes it suitable for coating and cladding processes. It offers additional strength.
- Niobium tubes – It has a high conductivity and strength. It have different sizes of niobium tube, so they can meet the specifications of the customers. These parts are very valuable ingredient in many contemporary manufacturing processes.
Uses of Niobium
It has a superconductive properties. It is used in making superconductive magnets in a form of wire which has a strong magnetic fields. It is used in arc welding rods for stabilized grades of stainless steel. It also improves the strength of alloys at low temperature. Alloy containing niobium are also used in air frame system, including jet engines, rockets, beams and girders for buildings and oil rigs, gas pipeline and space program. It is commonly used in jewellery.